New Online Gateway to Organic Industry
New Online Gateway to Organic Industry
For immediate release - 13 August 2019
Access to the organic industry has just become a lot easier with today’s opening of a new gateway into the world of organic food, fibre and cosmetic production–www.nasaa.com.au.
Glenn Schaube NASAA Chair said, ‘The new online facility will serve as a knowledge source for organic information and promoting the benefits of organic food production, farming, biodiversity and sustainable agriculture.
Offering a user-friendly experience, and intuitive navigation, www.nasaa.com.au provides a wealth of information for those already involved in organic production and those with an interest to learn.
‘Visitors to the site will find information about buying organic, organic learning and how to get involved in the organic sector. It is a dedicated resource for organic shoppers, home gardeners, conventional producers interested in organics; and certified operators, within Australia and overseas,’ Glenn Schaube said.
About the new organic gateway
Included in the organic gateway are two well-defined sections.
1. The NASAA Organic section outlines organic educational information and services to assist those interested in becoming involved in organic and sustainable foods, fibres and cosmetics production. This educational resource is for the whole organic community from producers to manufacturers, students, consumers, home growers and traders.
2. The NCO section provides all the support material and advice needed to become a certified organic operator and those already certified to the NASAA Organic Standard. This dedicated organic industry resource provides all that is needed for all commodity producers to use the internationally sought after NASAA Organic ‘spring leaf’ Label, which enables access to organic markets in Australia and all regulated and unregulated organic export markets.
Glenn Schaube said, ’This is combined with a dedicated on-call team to answer questions and provide support as needed to the food production and agriculture sectors.
‘Whether you run your own organic farm or you are learning about organics for the first time, the gateway to organics website facility provides a range of information and resources to assist you.’
Resources for the Certified Organic industry
Access to the NCO Organic section of the site is via a ‘Go to NCO’ button in the main menu, and other links, within the site.
The NCO Organic section includes many new facilities to help local operators, exporters and operators outside of Australia, with business interests in the organic industry, to easily locate the resources they need. Features include:
• All of forms, applications and templates in the one location
• Logical and well labelled forms and other resource listings
• Easy access to export requirements
• Detailed information on certification requirements with many useful links and information sources
• Up to database for organic product and operator search functionality
Glenn Schaube said, ‘The new website structure allows operators to easily find what they are looking for and the updated product and operator search function provides a useful tool to source organic inputs, wholesale producers for retailers, and product listings for consumers of organic products.’
For questions or feedback regarding the new NASAA website, please contact NASAA Organic.
Jane Keen +61 8 7231 7700
About NASAA Organic
Formed in 1986, the National Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Australia (NASAA) supports the education of industry and consumers on organic, biodynamic and sustainable food, fibre and cosmetics production and practices. NASAA is committed to developing and maintaining the organic industry and Standard; improving sustainability, and biodiversity and assisting people interested in becoming involved in the organic movement and industry.
About NCO Organic
NCO Organic is a fully-owned subsidiary of NASAA and provides the certification services to thousands of individual operators within Australia, its territories and internationally. NCO is widely acknowledged as the industry leader, in organic certification, and is focused on providing high quality, cost-effective organic certification services delivered by an expert team. NCO Organic’s expertise and support helps ensure that the organic integrity of all certified organic commodities and products Certified the NASAA Organic and Biodynamic Standard are protected and recognised in domestic and export markets.