AAP has developed public and custom workshops to enhance your skills and get the media’s attention
Our courses are designed for all levels of experience and run by expert media trainers
Discover effective press release writing skills, what journalists want, how the media works and more
Writing and Pitching to Journalists – Full Day & Half Day
Curated for corporate and government organisations, Writing and Pitching to Journalists course will help you transform your entire press release strategy.
These courses, available as a full day course or a more concise version for half day attendees, will ensure you have all you need to make press releases the most powerful communication tool you’ll ever use.
Delivered by accredited media trainers with extensive experience, the course will cover a broad range of topics, from press release writing to managing the media.
- The key ingredients journalists look for in every release
- Find the hook to reel in reporters
- Structure a release to the media’s expectations
- Learn the media-friendly language and layout
- Crafting quotes for maximum effect
- Strategically planning your release
- When and how to distribute your release
- Pitching and following up – be a talker, not a stalker!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All levels of media experience will benefit from this course – from entry-level media professionals to media practitioners
- Communications professionals wanting to develop or refresh their skills in writing releases
- Organisations wanting to know more about the media and what journalists want
These courses are interactive with a mix of group discussions and individual exercises. You are encouraged to bring your own releases or information to get invaluable feedback from the media trainer.
100% of attendees would recommend the course to others!
Unable to attend the upcoming dates? Register your interest for future dates.
Custom Media Training Courses
Medianet can tailor a course to suit your organisation’s needs and budget. If you have a specific request, our trainer is available to speak to you to devise a customised solution that meets your exact needs and helps you to achieve your goals.
- Mixture of course material from interview techniques to press release writing
- Choose your venue – whether it’s at your office or ours
- Flexible group sizes from one-on-one sessions to a large seminar environment
- All courses include scoping and objective planning
Click Here to request a quote for custom media training.