AAP has developed public and custom workshops to enhance your skills and get the media’s attention
Our courses are designed for all levels of experience and run by expert media trainers
Discover effective press release writing skills, what journalists want, how the media works and more
Effective Media Release Writing Course
Master the perfect press release by learning how to identify news angles, approach journalists and increase your chances of pick-up.
Delivered by accredited media trainers with extensive experience, the course will cover a broad range of topics, from press release writing to managing the media.
- The key ingredients journalists look for in every release
- Find the hook to reel in reporters
- Structure a release to the media’s expectations
- Learn the media-friendly language and layout
- Crafting quotes for maximum effect
- Strategically planning your release
- When and how to distribute your release
- Pitching and following up – be a talker, not a stalker!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- All levels of media experience will benefit from this course
- Communications professionals wanting to develop or refresh their skills in writing releases
- Organisations wanting to know more about the media and what journalists want
100% of attendees would recommend it to others!
Unable to attend the upcoming dates? Register your interest for future dates.
4 places remaining
6 places remaining
Meet the Media
Join us for a unique, half day event, giving you the opportunity to gain insights as to how the media works today.
Learn from the gatekeepers and decision-makers of the leading broadcasters and publishers in Australian media today;
- What is wanted for print, digital, radio and television stories
- The do’s and don’ts of what senior producers, journalists and editors from the most popular media outlets want, don’t want, what they like and what they hate
- What gets a story over the line and into the eyes and ears of your clients
- Invaluable insight on strategic engagement with your sought-after audience demographic and industry-appropriate media
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Two panels of outstanding members share insights
- A chance to workshop with media personnel in break-away groups
- Get answers to questions that matter and take the chance to glean insights from the experts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Senior Media, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations and Corporate Affairs professionals wanting to gain insight into the industry.
- Business owners and senior management who actively take an interest in the media.
Get your business and expertise presented in front of the very media you want to see running your story and catching the eye of your clients.
Custom Media Training Courses
Medianet can tailor a course to suit your organisation’s needs and budget. If you have a specific request, our trainer is available to speak to you to devise a customised solution that meets your exact needs and helps you to achieve your goals.
- Mixture of course material from interview techniques to press release writing
- Choose your venue – whether it’s at your office or ours
- Flexible group sizes from one-on-one sessions to a large seminar environment
- All courses include scoping and objective planning
Click Here to request a quote for custom media training.